FREE FOR TODAY

Something just for you, the reader. At various times, I will be posting one of my photographs with scripture or a print made with my own hand written calligraphy.
If you would like today's print in jpg., please post a comment on the blog and I will e-mail the jpg. to you. You will receive a full size jpg. of the print, whether in 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 or 11x14 to print for personal use.

Copyright restrictions prohibit commercial use.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just Ask!

Ask --- first word, invokes response.

It all starts with the asking.
It = everything (in this instance)

This morning I asked God to help me find an old piece of calligraphy that I was just sure I’d done, but couldn’t recall a picture of it in my mind.

I knew the verse well, Proverbs 3:5-6. My grandmother had written that verse reference on a baby card she sent to my folks when I was born. It’s been one of my life’s verses.

As I searched through file after file and folder after folder I found many verses and hymns I’d worked with, written out and pasted up. It was a big blessing!

I found that I’d written out the verse in reference but had not done a paste-up with it. I looked through more files and folders and then in the (unthinkable) box under my bed. More blessings unfolded but not a finished verse.

Meanwhile, the Lord was spending the day with me as I read through numerous verses that had been very meaningful to me. He showed me that I had lots more to share. It was like going back home after many years and being comforted by the sights and sounds of memories long gone by.

“Thank you, Father, for taking me there, for leading me by your faithful hand. Thank you for the gifts you helped me to uncover and dust off to enjoy again as if newly given gifts packaged and ready to open, only better.”

You see, it all started with the asking. My friend asked me yesterday for Proverbs 3:5-6 done in calligraphy. I asked God to help me find it and He took me to it by a path on which I hadn’t traveled in years.

“Thank you God!”

1 comments:

All comments will be moderated before public display. Please be patient with me. This may take up to 48 hours for moderation.