FREE FOR TODAY

Something just for you, the reader. At various times, I will be posting one of my photographs with scripture or a print made with my own hand written calligraphy.
If you would like today's print in jpg., please post a comment on the blog and I will e-mail the jpg. to you. You will receive a full size jpg. of the print, whether in 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 or 11x14 to print for personal use.

Copyright restrictions prohibit commercial use.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Ray Of Morning Light


I was asking the Lord this morning to help me to love His Word.  I had just awakened and I knew I needed to read my Bible before I started the day, but my heart just wasn't in it. 

I remembered a time several years ago when I read the 119th Psalm every day for a month.  It was an exercise I chose to do.  I don’t remember the reason, but the outcome was that I literally fell in love with God’s Word.  Just like the Psalmist, I loved God’s word.  It was my life, my passion, my love!

So this morning, I opened to Psalm 119 and started reading.  I won’t say it took my mind off of everything that I wanted to get done today and engulfed me with joy, but it did remind me that I depend on God for everything.  His Word gives strength to my soul.  It keeps me going when otherwise I would dissolve in a puddle of hopelessness.

Thank you God for Your Word.  It really is a light shining in the darkness, a ray of hope, a joy and peace, food for my heart.  Thank YOU!!!

photo credit: Will Montague via photopin cc

1 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I think that's just what I need to do for the next 30 days...read Psalm 119. I need to fall back in love with God's word. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated before public display. Please be patient with me. This may take up to 48 hours for moderation.